Gift Voucher - Ningaloo Whale Shark Swim on a Sailing Catamaran
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Exmouth, WA
- Product code: WSWC GV
Whale Shark Swim on a Sailing Catamaran - March, April, May, June and July! (Gift vouchers do not expire, however if redeeming after 12 months since the date of purchase, then you'll be required to cover any difference in tour price)
Ningaloo Discovery is an award winning, eco certified operator licensed to conduct Whale Shark Swim Tours on the Beautiful Ningaloo Reef, Exmouth Western Australia!
Swimming with a Whale Shark is un unforgettable once in a lifetime experience that people come from all over the world to do. It is something on everyones bucket list! Whale Sharks are the largest fish in the world growing up to a possible 18m long! Ningaloo Reef plays host to these amazing animals every year from March till the end of July, it is the only place in the world where they congregate so predictably and in such large numbers.
Whale Sharks are completely harmless to humans as they are filter feeders, feeding on plankton and other microscopic organisms. Here at Ningaloo Reef, we are so lucky to be able to enter the water with them on a daily basis and swim alongside as they cruise the reef. Swimming with a Whale Shark in their natural environment is an extraordinary life changing experience, one not to be taken for granted, and as such is conducted with the utmost respect to the Whale Sharks. Ningaloo Discovery will do absolutely everything possible to have guests swimming in the water with a Whale Shark! Whale Shark Swim tours at Exmouth are rated as the worlds best practice. We operate under extreemly well managed guidelines to ensure we can enjoy being in the water with them at minimal impact to the point where it is considered by experts all around the world that we don't actually impact on them at all!
Ningaloo Discovery's team are extremely experienced and passionate about interacting with these animals in a wonderful, respectful way and we want you to join us! Ningaloo Discovery offers guests a Whale Shark experience on-board a very stable, spacious 60ft sailing catamaran, which provides a 360-degree viewing platform and the opportunity to lounge and relax on the comfortable day beds, bow nets and various seating spots while soaking up and enjoying the beauty of the Ningaloo Marine Park and all the amazing wildlife we may encounter. With the use of our very own spotter plane, our pilot will direct us to Whale Sharks and any other marine life spotted from above.
Your small group of 10 will enter the waters of Ningaloo Reef and swim with a Whale Shark. You will be in awe as you immerse yourself in this truly extraordinary experience.
Guests who book on as "Observers" are welcome to participate in all itinerary activities except for entering the water with a Whale Shark.
You will experience warm friendly staff, fun activities, delicious food and memories to last a lifetime from the minute we pick you up to the moment we say goodbye. Our priority is making your day the best we possibly can!
So what are you waiting for? Book now and get swimming with a Whale Shark ticked off your bucket list!!!
Our amazing itinerary for the day:
- Starting from 7:45am, you will be picked up from your accommodation in our private bus. Listen in or chill out during the drive down the coast as we’ll be telling you all about what you're about to experience before being taken out to the Windcheetah sailing catamaran where you will be greeted by our friendly crew and fitted with masks, snorkels, fins and wetsuits. We’ll take exceptional care of you and ensure everybody is 100% at ease, feeling confident and excited!
- Moments later immerse yourself in the crystal clear waters of Ningaloo Reef at one of our beautiful snorkel spots in the sheltered lagoon. Here you will see an array of corals and colourful fish, sometimes even turtles and rays! Take this time to ask questions, get snorkelling tips, make sure your gear fits and practice getting on and off the boat before your Whale Shark swim. Our guides will be right there with you in the water to steer you in the right direction, and to pay special attention to any modest swimmers. Feel free to grab one of our floating noodles should you feel like the extra bit of flotation.
- Now you can enjoy morning tea as our plane gets searching for Whale Sharks. Our crew will organise you into small intimate groups and as soon as a Whale Shark is spotted, swimming guests will be directed to put their snorkel gear on and get ready for one of the greatest moments of your life! You are about to swim with the biggest fish in the world, the Whale Shark!
- Your group and your guide drop in and get up close and personal to the worlds biggest fish, this is your chance to experience wonder and marvel at the sheer size, grace and elegance of the Whale Shark! Most of these sharks are between 4 and 12 metres long but have been know to grow as large as 18 metres!
- This may not be your only Whale Shark swim, the pilot has been busy searching for another gentle giant to swim with, and on their call get ready to do it all again… and again!
- After we have spent as much time as possible with the Whale Sharks you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch as we cruise the reef in search of any other wildlife. Manta Rays, Dolphins, Humpback Whales, Turtles and anything else that may be around.
- Now we head back inside the lagoon where the water is turquoise blue and anchor up at a new special spot on the reef for another snorkel. Weather and time permitting try your hand at one of our Stand Up Paddle Boards or a Glass Bottom Kayak during the afternoon snorkel for a different view of the reef.
- Relax with some refreshing afternoon tea and a glass of sparkling wine on our way back to shore before the crew return you safe and sound and full of smiles back to your accomodation.
- The experience lives on as we will provide you with access to all the photos of the day taken by our professional photographer free of charge!!!
- Whale Shark Swim on a Sailing Catamaran will take you on the Windcheetah Sailing Catamaran that Chris Hemsworth introduced to the world on Tourism Australia's 2016 Campaign. Watch it here! - you will see our Catamaran from 41 seconds onwards.
- Full day tour, 7:45am - 4pm approximately
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a Whale Shark the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with Whale Sharks
- Maximum of 10 swimmers in each group
- In water experiences with a Whale Shark
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Opportunity to assist with hoisting the sails or relaxing on the bow nets, daybeds or bean bags
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- Boom net for towing along behind the vessel through the shallows of the lagoon (weather and time permitting)
- Celebratory glass of sparkling wine
- Complimentary gift pack per group booking
- Whale Shark Swimmer Certificate which also allows you discounts on further tours!
- All government fees and charges included in the price (2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments)
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
What should I bring?We provide so much that all we recommend you bring is the following:
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it